Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2003 E320: Mercedes..The air conditioner, heater and defrost..blow

I have a 2003 E320 Mercedes. The air conditioner, heater and defrost does not work. The system will blow like crazy, but it is just the temperature of whatever the outside is. Do you have any idea what is wrong with the cooling system?

eurotec :

Hi, it sounds like you may have two separate issues.

eurotec :

The heater control valve is a very common problem on the E class. I suspect that could be the cause of your lack of heat.

eurotec :

For your lack of cooling you may very well have a faulty compressor or a refrigerant leak in the system.

Customer:

Nothing works - It was working one day and then everything stopped

Customer:

Can that happen???

eurotec :

If everything occurred at once I suspect it would all be related then. Step one is to have the fault codes read in the climate control system with the Mercedes tester. The codes will point to the specific problems.

Customer:

I need to take it to the dealership to get the codes read correct??

Customer:

Everything did occur at once.

eurotec :

Yes, either a dealer or an independent Mercedes specialist.

eurotec :

As long as they have Star Diagnosis or the equivalent they can read the fault codes.

Customer:

Thanks so much for your help. May I please print this conversation out of what I should have done?

eurotec :

You're quite welcome. After you click Accept you can refresh your page to a printable format.

Customer:

Ok - I'm about to hit accept now. Have a great weekend and be blessed!!!