Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

1999 clk320: sensor 1 and bank 1 , sensor 2 removal

1999 clk 320 bank 1, sensor 1 and bank 1, sensor 2 removal. Also which side is considered bank 1?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 6 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, bank 1 is always the side that contains #1 cylinder. In your case it will be the passenger side.

Customer:

What about removal and installation instructions and special tool(s)?

eurotec :

There is not much to it. Just locate the sensors in the exhaust, disconnect the harness and unscrew the sensor. Click here for some instructions.

Customer:

It looks like I need to get a ring wrench socket. Is that something that is available a a regular car parts store,or I need to order it somewhere?

eurotec :

A lot of parts stores carry the sockets or similar wrenches for removing oxygen sensors.