Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mercedes-Benz ML320 how do i recharge the air conditioner…

Customer Question
how do i recharge the...
how do i recharge the air conditioner on a ml320 1999, a/c comes on but blows hot air.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/26/2011
Mercedes Mechanic: Booterscotch, Mercedes Technician replied 7 years ago
Booterscotch
Booterscotch, Mercedes Technician

Booterscotch :

hi

Booterscotch :

im gay

Mercedes Mechanic: Auto Psychic, Mercedes Technician replied 7 years ago
Auto Psychic
Auto Psychic, Mercedes Technician
hi, i'll be happy to help you in anyway i can.
please excuse the previous experts answer.
not to worry a/c is a/c really even on a mercedes, at least as far as recharging is concerned.
if your interested in doing this yourself i can walk you through it.
if not any reliable foreign car repair shop should be able to do this for you.
let me know if you need any additional help.
good luck,
gary
ok start walking me thru the process
you'll need a set of a/c pressure guages and a can of r134 from autozone or the like.
about $80.
connect the red hose to the red capped fitting (high prressure side).
the blue to the blue (low pressure side).
connect the yellow hose to the freon can.
start the vehicle and turn on the a/c.
open the valve on the freon can and the valve on the blue side of the guages.
you may need to rev the car up a bit.
watch the red (high side) pressure, if it gets to 275 before the freon can is empty, close all the valves.
your done.
let me know how it goes.
gary
Auto Psychic
Auto Psychic, Mercedes Technician