Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a ml270 cdi, the EPC warning light is on , any ideas..electrics

Customer Question
hi, i have a ml270...
hi, i have a ml270 cdi, the EPC warning light is on , any ideas what might be wrong?i know its to do with diesel electrics
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/24/2011
Mercedes Mechanic: Mike, Technician replied 6 years ago
Mike, Technician
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

When you get this light on on these models - this is nine times out of ten, caused by a partially clogged fuel filter -

So the first thing to do is have the fuel filter renewed....

I would also suggest putting in a good quality diesel system treatment / cleaner - as this will help...

The EPC light is to do with fuel system - it can , worse case scenario mean problems with the pump - but most often, it is cured with a new filter as above so do that first ....

If you do that and the light returns - you will need to have the vehicle plugged in to a suitable diagnostic machine to ID the fault with the use of fault codes and then go from there based on the results of that .. but do the filter first - that if as I say - usually what it is causing it.

I'm Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Mike, Technician
i have already changed the fuel filter and the air filter it made no difference, last night it cut out twice on a short journey ,but started again straight away , with no air lock
Hello again - thank you for your reply...

In that case then - you will have to progress as I've mentioned above -

Its nothing to do with the air - but it is fuel...fuel delivery issues...( not air ) So as you have done the filter - the diagnostic route is now needed...

Some general garages have the equipment to test this - so it would be worth ringing round - otherwise , it will need a Benz dealer...

The fuel control system on these is totally electronic - as such - it needs the electronic diagnostic equipment to diagnose the fault now Im afraid... Please don't forget the Accept button for me - thank you ..and if you do need more help later , you can come back to me again then just by coming back to this post and reuse the reply button..

Kind Rgds - MIKE..

Mike, Technician