promerc
promerc, mercedes diagnostic technician
Experience:  Qualified mercedes diagnostic technician & service team manager , ATA registered Master tech
13433296

Need to know what service F is requiring? Mercedes e320 sedan.

Customer Question

Submitted: 6 years ago via AllDataDIY.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  promerc replied 6 years ago.

promerc :

welcome to just answer , you need to access the service menu in the instrument cluster display , to get this the main screen must be showing mileage screen or outside temp , turn ignition to position 1 , then press the small black stalk at the side of the cluster 3 times , the display will now show UB12 v , using the up arrow on the steering wheel cycle through menus until it displays service menu , use the ' - ' button on the steering wheel to come down to items , now press the page forward button on the wheel this should now show service items with numbers that corospond to items in the service book

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the information, but I don't have the service book to correspond to item numbers.Just thought you could tell me if this is requiring something like spark plugs etc.
Expert:  promerc replied 6 years ago.
spark plugs are every 4 years or 50000miles , same for air filter and fuel
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The car is stating that service F has been exceded by 3000 miles. When this goes to the dealer for service, what is he going to tell me that needs done?
Expert:  promerc replied 6 years ago.
turn ignition to first position , srs light will be only one that comes on , now press the small black stalk that comes from instrument cluster 3 times , this must be done when the dash is displaying mileage , you should now be able to scroll menus using the up arrow on the steering wheel until service menu is showing , now use the minus button to move down the menu until service items , use the forward page button to access and it will give you a list of service numbers eg , service 13 which means oil service 14 is minor and 15 is major make sure dealer tells you these numbers to explain cost