Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 mercedes: 320..test light..blows cold..compressor clutch…

Customer Question
have a concern with an...
have a concern with an 2001 mercedes 320 no compressor operation full charge can run compressor with self powered test light and ac blows cold have no power to compressor clutch
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Mercedes
7/30/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 12 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Chat Conversation Started
eurotec :

Hi, can you tell me the history of this problem? Was any work done to the system? Is the EC light on?

Customer:

car sat for three weeks in garage customer drove after sitting for time said blew cold to work that morning blew hot that afternoon

eurotec :

Ok, I'd first try erasing the fault codes and reading the actual values of the system. I'd also evacuate and recharge the system even if it blows cold.

Customer:

already evac and recharge system do not know how to erase or retrive codes can you disconnect battery to clear

eurotec :

I just posted the procedure for fault codes

eurotec :

I'll post the one for the actual values next

eurotec :

There is a good chance that you have a bad evaporator temperature sensor.

Customer:

i do not have to have hht tester

eurotec :

This is all done without the tester

eurotec :

Start with step 3

eurotec :

Let me know if you have any questions

Customer:

i performed test not sure of results would this be same as e55 series

eurotec :

Can you post your findings?

eurotec :

Can you post the actual values?

Customer:

i came up with e61 on left and 227 234 419 241 ff on right

eurotec :

Ok, those are the codes. How about the second test I gave you for the actual values?

eurotec :

Did you erase the fault codes?

Customer:

actual test results 1-103 2-94 3-112 4-112 5-105 6-157 7-09 8-98 9-27 10-5.7 11-2.3 12-4.3 20-3.2 21-32 22-00 23-32 24-11.3 40-164 41-91

Customer:

erased fault codes

eurotec :

Ok, what codes came back after you erased them? Your actual values look ok.

eurotec :

Also, can you power the compressor and give me the actual values with the compressor running and the air blowing cold?

Customer:

which fuse in fuse block number and which fuse block for ac compressor

eurotec :

The compressor power comes from the pushbutton switch.

eurotec :

There is no compressor fuse.

Customer:

in wiring diagram compressor circuit it shows k40/2 c4 m5 2 and 11

eurotec :

That's just the circuit through the fuse box.

eurotec :

but there is no fuse it just passes through there.

Customer:

is bu the wire color and if what color

eurotec :

yes, it is a blue wire.

Customer:

im going to trace that circuit but that will be tomorrow had enough for today

eurotec :

Ok, I'd also like to know what codes came back after you erased them. And if you can get me the actual values with the compressor jumped that might help also.

Customer:

no fault codes returned how or can i reach you tomorrow

eurotec :

I will be around in the afternoon. If you now have no fault codes you should have a compressor clutch.

Customer:

how do i remove ac controller panel

eurotec :

The panel has two slots in the bottom where you insert removal keys to unlock the panel. The keys can pe purchased from the Mercedes dealer. They are commonly referred to as radio removal tools.

eurotec :

You just slide the keys in until they lock then just pull the panel out.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.