Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

C230: the keys is brand new because I had a new one made 3 weeks ago…

Customer Question
My remote (key) does not...
My remote (key) does not work on my c230. none of the buttons work on either of my two keys. One of the keys is brand new because I had a new one made 3 weeks ago. When I go inside the car everything works as far as the locks when I press the lock/unlock button on the dash. Cant lock or unlock the doors with remotes.
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Mercedes
7/17/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: nelson garcia, Mercedes Mechanic replied 12 years ago
nelson garcia
nelson garcia, Mercedes Mechanic
Then you need the Antenna which resieve the signal from the key and then transfer the signal to the rear fuse box.
This antenna is located at the rear of the headliner by the rear glass.
To replace it you need to remove the roof control panel at the front,A+B+C panels on both sides,roof handles,vanity mirror,then disconnect the rear headliner from the roof by pulling it down just enough to disconnected and then slide the headliner toward the rear.then you should see the rear glass Antenna just by the rear glass.

where can I get another antenna? how much to they cost? or how can I test it to make sure it is the cause of the problem?

graphiclisten the only place i know is the Mercedes Dealer and is goint to be about $350.

You could check the fuse #8,7.5 amp brown which is located at the rear fuse box,[left trunk panel]test with a test light with key On.if thats born then thats your problem,if not then check power at the rear glass Antenna,i posted 2 picture,hope you can see them,the white connector under the left rear seat belt is the plug for the antenna,look for a Red/Yellow wire thats your power supply,you should have 12v and the antenna uses the body ground[the 10mm screws holding it to the roof]thats the ground.so if you have voltage and ground,then i believe that the Antenna is bad.

graphic

nelson garcia
nelson garcia, Mercedes Mechanic