Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

chrysler: rebuilt trans but when u start it up the van..2nd gear…

Customer Question
i have 02 chrysler town...
i have 02 chrysler town and country it has a rebuilt trans but when u start it up the van's speed hand moves and when u put it in gear it goes to 2nd gear when you put it in drive
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/30/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician replied 8 years ago
Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician

Is the transmission stuck in 2nd gear? Does the vehicle move forward? Is there any lights on in the dash?

it moves the only light is the check engine light

The fault code should aid in the diagnosis, but the transmission is in limp home mode and that is why it is in 2nd gear. Whenever there is a fault in the trans, it goes into this mode.

what can i do to fix it
What is the fault code? we need to start from there.