Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ML320: seat..control swith module needs replacing..removing…

Customer Question
ML320, 2000. Right seat control...
ML320, 2000. Right seat control swith module needs replacing. I know how to remove the seat's front wrap around skirt by removing the front screws. However, the seat is in its full back postion and have no access to these screws. How do do you move this seat forward when it does not work electrically?

I asked the question before and paid for the answer but all I got was a confirmation to remove the front screws.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/28/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician replied 8 years ago
Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician

If you can access or unplug the electrical connector for the switch you can jump power to the motors to move the backrest.

unfortunately the electrical plug in is at the switch itself which is behind the skirt..thus right back to square one. If I knew which color wires (that make the seat go forward), I could jump there to move the seat.

Also, this is not the backrest, but the seat switch that moves the seat forward, backward, up and down.

Is the solution sitll in work? Have not heard back. Perhaps knowing which set of wires by color I can jump to energize the seat to go forward could be a solution!

Still no answer. If not working on or sending a useful solution, then please refund my payment. I'd prefer the help however. Thanks.