Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

G500: a ESP control Module according to vin#..Intalled

hi, have a G500 2003. Ordered...
hi,
have a G500 2003. Ordered a ESP control Module according to vin#. Intalled and I get error code C1511 " Coding of Variant coding is incorrect" Can I resolve this with SDS version 11/24/2009 without having to do any flash coding.
6/25/2010
Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician

Yes, Variant coding is something you can change with the SDS and requires no online SCN coding.

Thank you.

Please tell me how to do it.

If you go into the control unit ESP, then go into control unit adaptations, then go to variant coding. You must select the options that the vehicle has such as model year, etc. This should take care of your variant coding fault code.
Michael Warfield

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I hadsome personal bussiness to attend and could not get to the car. I did as you said but I did not have to put in any information at all. I just got a warning to remember a code version that is supposed to be recorded in the engine module. Anyway all is well no more issues with the ESP.

Thank you..

Glad everything is ok now.