Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1995 mercedes benz: fuse box..removing..replacing..trunk lid…

Customer Question
I own a 1995 mercedes...
I own a 1995 mercedes benz S-320 and I am having problems with the suction pump motor for my trunk. I emailed you previously regarding this problem and we fixed by going into the fuse box in the trunk and removing fuses #3, 9, and 11 and replacing them. This procedure fixed the problem by closing the trunk lid tightly, however when I do this, it only last for about 4-5 trunk closing. I am now having problems with the driver's door and trunk not vacuming close. The other 3 doors are closing tightly with no problem. Can you please help.

James P. Ferrell [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/25/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Chat Conversation Started
eurotec :

Hi James, it appears as though the vacuum elements for the door and trunk closing may have failed completely. The elements should be tested with a vacuum pump to see if they hold vacuum. It will require the disassembly of the driver's door and trunk latch. I'd start with the trunk latch first as it's easier to access. If you post your vin # XXXXX like to check what is available for the front door.

Customer:

Customer:

Customer:

my VIN # XXXXX XXXXX

Customer:

The vin# XXXXX XXXXX

eurotec :

Ok James, the vacuum element for the power closing on the door is a replaceable part. The part number is XXXXX 800 19 75. Msrp is $85. The trunk lid element is part # XXXXX 800 05 75. Msrp is $81. Let me know if this is something you are going to try and repair yourself and I'll see if I can help you with it.

Customer:

Yes, I am tyring to repair this myself. Do you feel that these two parts will fix the problem? Like I said, yesterday I pulled out these fuses (#3, 9 and 11) and now everything is working just fine. But it will only last a couple days, then the trunk and driver side door will stop working.......the other doors will continue to work just fine.

Customer:

I am willing to purchase the parts that you have mentioned to repair the problem. I will however need assistance in locating the parts on the vehicle. I am relatively good working with my hands once I find the problem. Is there some way you can show me where the power closing door and trunk lid element parts are located. Thanks. Once this is identified I will be ready to settle up with you for your help.

eurotec :

Sorry I had a busy weekend. I will put together some instructions for you today.

Customer:

Thanks......