Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 E430: one on the passenger side (..it may be going bad..(used…

Customer Question
How do I get access...
How do I get access to the subwoofers on a 2002 E430? The one on the passenger side (in the deck) buzzes like it may be going bad. Where can I find a replacement if it needs to be replaced (used, if possible)? Also, can the vanity mirror covers be replaced without purchasing the entire visor assembly? Both vanity mirror covers are broken off. Finally, is it possible to reprogram a used key to work with my car and avoid the $200 price from the dealer? Thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/25/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Chat Conversation Started
eurotec :

Hi, can you post your vin # XXXXX?

Customer:

WDBJF83J12X075403

eurotec :

Ok, I've put all of the steps for removing the rear speakers into a folder for you. Click here to download the files.

eurotec :

The vanity mirrors are replaceable. Click here for the service bulletin regarding the repair. As far as your key goes you are stuck with the dealer on that one. You cannot reprogram another key to work in your car.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by eurotec on 6/27/2010 at 9:16 PM EST