Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1985 380sl: high idle..throttle..a picture and a fuel system schematic…

Customer Question
I have a 1985 380sl...
I have a 1985 380sl with a high idle problem. I previously contacted Eurotec on Just answer and he told me to check the throttle switch, sent a picture and a fuel system schematic. However, this schematic does not look like my system, and I can find no throttle switch. Please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/22/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Chat Conversation Started
eurotec :

Hi, did you see my picture I sent yesterday with the location of the switch? It's down below the manifold at the front. Your throttle linkage ends up connecting to it. If you follow your linkage you'll find the throttle body.

Customer:

How can you get to it? I finally can see a small portion of the throttle body. I only found one round connecter at the passenger side fender. It has just a single pole. Is this the right wire?

Customer:

Can you see the switch without removing the fuel system?

eurotec :

Let me try to get you some more pictures. You don't need to get to the switch at the throttle body yet but if you did the intake manifold needs to come off.