Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ML320: cannot start..start my..When I push my key..wont turn…

Customer Question
i cannot start my ML320...
i cannot start my ML320 when I guide my key into the ignition. I tried my back up key as well same result? When I push my key into the ignition it goes in all the way but seems locked and wont turn. Can you you help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/22/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Chat Conversation Started
eurotec :

Hi, most likely your steering lock has failed. Either that or your wheels are turned just enough to lock the column hard against the steering lock. When that happens you have to turn the steering wheel away from the lock to ease the pressure. If that isn't the problem then the column lock has probably broken and will not retract when you try to rotate the key. If that is the case the steering lock will need to be cut from the column.