Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

interior blower stays on all the time even when the ignition is shut…

Customer Question
the interior blower stays on...
the interior blower stays on all the time even when the ignition is shut off
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/21/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: promerc, mercedes diagnostic technician replied 8 years ago
promerc
promerc, mercedes diagnostic technician

welcome to just answer , this is usually caused by water shorting out the blower motor and resistor , remove the under dash panel on the passenger side by removing the 3 screws , you should then be able to see the wiring plug for the blower motor , remove the cover by taking off out the small torq screws , you will most likely find it wet through , the water gets in because the drain under the hood is blocked , the drain is at the end of the scuttle pan just below the windshield , just pull off the rubber bung and clean out the drain to stop this happening again

i removed the cover and found the blower & resistor there is no sign of water intrusion.
at the wiring block there is 3 wires earth , main feed and the trigger wire which is varied voltage as the blower switch is operated , you need to check to see if the trigger wire is showing a constant feed if so you must have a fault with the control panel if not its the resistor pack