Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

consul: replacing..3 connectors..window switch lights, one..blue wire…

Customer Question
I'm in the finishing stages...
I'm in the finishing stages of replacing the dash in my 1982 SLS380. I have 3 connectors in the consol area that I cannot find a place to connect them. One is the two blue wires that feed the window switch lights, one the blue wire feeding the a/c control lights and the fiber optic lights to the dash switches and the last is a gray with red stripe that I have no clue what it does. I have the wiring diagrams and see where the blue wires connect to a junction with a screw connector. the gray/red ??. HELP!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/17/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Chat Conversation Started
eurotec :

Hi, can you upload a picture of what you are dealing with? Offhand the ashtray power comes to mind but it might help if I could see exactly where the wires are.

Customer:

I have id'd the ashtray plug which also branches to the radio power. The one blue wire with an eyelet connector comes from the fiber optic module mounted on the center of the a/c unit(a metal bracket bolts to the a/c unit and the floor). The window switch blue wire comes out of the window switch harness just to the right (passenger) of the consoul. It has two wires in a eyelet connector which seem to come from the switches. The gray/red is two wires in an eyelet connector and are located in the same locaton as the window wires but a different harness.

eurotec :

When you say eyelet connectors do you mean a connector that would be screwed down?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

I solved the wiring mystery. The wiring diagram from Mercedes shows a green with red stripe. The car has a gray with red stripe. I finally found a small brass connestor located in the a/c housing. Thanks.

eurotec :

Excellent, I'm glad you found it :-)