Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My brother inlas has a 1999 benz which is in the island..keys…

Customer Question
my brother inlas has a...
my brother inlas has a 1999 benz which is in the island of st vincent in the caribbean. He lost the ignition keys and need to get one cut here in the us. what documents does he need to send to me in New Jersey to get this done. can I then take those documents to a dealer and get a key cut? Need your help badly.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/16/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Nelson Garcia, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Nelson Garcia
Nelson Garcia, Mercedes Technician
From what I understand in order to get the keys to the vehicle cut or replaced at the dealer you will need the registration of the vehicle. This is all they every required us to have in the dealer and I worked for Ray Catena Mercedes Benz in Edison NJ. I would call the parts department of your local dealer and double check first before having him send you this information. Sometimes they look at registration and match up you license with the registration but if you explain the situation they will provide you with all the information you will need for you specific situation.