Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1992 mercedes: 300...light turns..car shuts..about 10 minutes, it…

Customer Question
I have a 1992 mercedes...
I have a 1992 mercedes 300. When i stop for a red light and the light turns green, i mashed on the gas to go and the car shuts off. After about 10 minutes, it will start again. What is causing this to happen?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/11/2010
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Chat Conversation Started
eurotec :

Hi, it could be many different things causing the problem. How does the car run overall? Are there any other problems with the way that it runs?

Customer:

Absolutely, no other problems. It runs great! It seems like it floods out. Like I said, After about 10 minutes or so, it will start up as if nothing had happen. I have had the car for only 3 weeks.

eurotec :

Do you sense that it is going to happen before you accelerate? If you accelerate slowly will it still die?

Customer:

I have not tried accelerating slowly, since it has only happen twice. I have considered that maybe I should slightly press on the accelerator.

eurotec :

Are there times when you can accelerate as hard as you want without the car stalling?

eurotec :

Hi, do you still need help with this problem?