MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

2000 S500: I recently replaced the brake pads..axles..sensors

I recently replaced the brake pads on the front and rear axles of my 2000 S500, but cannot get rid of the message that reads, "Brake Lining Wear, Visit Workshop." The brake lining sensors appear to be OK, as was the installation. How do I clear the message?

Thank you. Pete

The warning on the dash comes directly from the sensor wires - there is no reset procedure after installation.

The sensor wires should always be replaced when replacing the pads & I suspect one of the sensors is keeping the warning light on. I would replace all sensors on the pads with new ones.

Best regards, Paul