Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 1994 Mercedes E320. On the instrument panel and consoles

I have a 1994 Mercedes E320. On the instrument panel and consoles lights are extremely dim, all other lights including headlights are fine. The car has a new battery installed less than a month old. There is not dimmer switch nor one have I have touched. What seems to be the problem.

HiCustomer there is a dimmer switch on your car. It is the button just to the left of the speedometer. I've circled it in the picture below. Turn the knob back and forth a few times to clean the rheostat and then turn it all the way clockwise and see if your lights brighten. Let me know what you find.

Marty

graphic