MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

How do you reset the radio code on a 1993 Mercedes Benz E class?

Customer Question

how do you reset the radio code on a 1993 Mercedes Benz E class?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer do you have your radio code? Does your radio say CODE on the face?

Marty

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it says CODE on the face.
Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.
Ok, you will need the code # XXXXX your radio. If you do not have the code post your vin # XXXXX I can research it for you. If the radio that is in your car now is not the original radio you will need to give me the serial # XXXXX the radio itself.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yeah, I do not have the VIN number. The car is my girlfriend's and I can't do anything except research it online because I'm deployed in Iraq right now. Also, this car has a myriad of problems because "Joe-Bob" mechanics put conventional oil in it and don't know how to properly maintain it. I told her I would do a lot of repairs to it as soon as I got back, but right now all I can do is have the radio reset for her.

Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.
Ok, if you can post the vin when you get it or have her post it I can help you with it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That is what I was afraid of. The car is at her mother's house. The registration should have the VIN number right?
Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.
That is correct, just make sure they read it accurately.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
VIN # WDBEA28E4PB969974
Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.
Ok, the system is already shut down for the evening. I'll post the code in the morning.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sir, are you currently available to answer my question about the radio code on the 1993 300E?

Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.

I am very sorryCustomerwhen I replied to you last night your question dropped from my inbox. I was extremely busy at work today and basically forgot about you. If you will reply to this message your reply will stay in my inbox and I won't forget you. Sorry for not getting back to you today on it.

Marty

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It's understandle. Things are crazy with work here too. I'm a helicopter technician, so I can sympathize. In case you forget, here is the VIN # XXXXX

Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.
Ok, not good news here. The radio code is not on file with Mercedes. We will need the serial # XXXXX of the radio itself to get the code.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It will take some time to get a hold of that information, but I'll keep you posted when I get it.
Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.

Ok, just post it when you are able and I'll pull up the code for you.

Marty