Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 1993 Mercedes 190E.

Customer Question
it does not want to...
I have a 1993 Mercedes 190E. it does not want to start or when you driving and pressed the break it will shot off, on a hill it do the same thing
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2009
Mercedes Mechanic: Stan, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
HelloCustomer
Did you mean the engine size as 2.6?
Could you tell me what are the engine rpm when cold and when warm?
How does it change as the engine warms up?
How does engine work while warming up?

Regards,
Stan
Yes I mean 2.6 The engine rpm are normal.it turns on sometime with no problem and if you let it run for a while it shut down by himself or when you driving it and the engine go off. some people think it is the coil but i dont belive.

Unfortunately it is still unclear to me what exactly is happening to the engine. So i will help the best way i can with the info i have,

First of all the overvoltage protection relay (OVP) must be replaced/resoldered. Very often it causes voltage supply interruptions to the idle speed control valve and many control units. The relay is located behin the battery, in the control unit compartament. You will recognize it by the fuse in it's top lid. It might be located under a plastic cover in front of the engine bay fusebox. I need the VIN to tell exactly.

Another pssibility to check, is the fuel pump relay. Due to cold solder problems inside of it, it interrupts the voltage supply to the fuel pump. It is located near the OVP relay, either in control unit compartment behind the battery, or in front of the fusebox.

It's fault is confirmed if you listen to the fuel pump when you are having problems- it will swithch off during engine running by itself.

Regards,

Stan

Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Stan
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician