Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

2002 E430 4matic: oil change

Customer Question
oil change for 2002 E430...
oil change for 2002 E430 4matic, anything unusual i need to know. do you know where I can get a picture of fiter location?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
7/3/2009
Mercedes Mechanic: Stan, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician

HelloCustomer

Please let me provide you with oilchange instructions with pictures. I will need the VIN of your car to do it precisely.

Regards,

Stan

WDBJF83J32X061907

Please click here for the instructions.

Do not hesitate to reply if any further clarifiactions are needed

Best Regards,

Stan

This is just a bunch of numbers out of a book. I gave all the info on my engine, even the vin number and you could not be more specific. Also I asked for pictures of the oil filter location in the engine compartment, which you did not include.

HelloCustomer

Below is attached the picture of the engine. Oil filter is marked with number 18. I believe you will be able to locate it. Engine plastic cover must be removed to get good access to the filter lid.

graphic

You might need a special tool 103589020900 to onscrew the oil filter lid because it is made of plastic. Do not forget to replace the O-ring on the cap.

To access the drain plug, the rear engine compartament paneling must be removed.

The engine of your car requires 2.1 gallons of oil.

Please excuse me for not providing this picture immideately.

Best Regards,

Stan

Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
I did accept your answer, thank you. But not sure where oil drain plug is, is there a diagram of that?

Thank you for accepting,

Please click here for the schematic picture i have. I know its not the real-life photo, but it is the best i have at the moment. Oil drain bolt is pos 56.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stan

This question about an oil change was my first on this site. Instead of getting a complete answer the first time, I have been back and forth with you getting little bits of information each time. I asked for pictures so that I would not make a mistake and now you tell me take off the cover to get to the oil plug. Under the car there is more than one cover? At this rate it would be easier to pay to have it done. Tired of going back and forth.

Your initial question was about anything unusual in oil change and where could

the picture of the oil filter location be found. So i assumed you had some experience with this types of jobs.

Although the MB original manual did not have this, i did everything to find the pictures of the filter and the drain plug. If you have trouble locating drain plug, i would suggest to try removing the oil filter lid first, because it is a feat in itself unless you get the special tool i have mentioned. There are 3 covers under the car, 1 is for engine front , 1 for engine rear, and 3 is for transmission. You will have to remove the cover for the rear of the engine. It is the smallest and easiest to remove (4 or 6 screws with 10mm heads).

Regards,

Stan

Stan
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician