1. Place the removed MCS unit on a firm level
2. Remove the four T10 Torx screws securing
the chassis cover
3. Carefully remove the chassis cover.
4. Proceed as follows:
a. If a control module exists in the MCS
upper compartment, remove it and skip
to step 8.
b. If no auxiliary control modules have
previously been installed in the MCS
upper compartment, proceed to step 5.
5. Disconnect the accessory control unit
connector from the plastic
retainer by pressing the side of
the connector in and pulling it away from the
6. Remove the plastic retainer from the MCS
chassis and discard it
7. Carefully pull up the plastic panel at the MCS
front edge, remove, and then discard it
8. Lower the navigation drive or CD player into
the top compartment ensuring that the control
unit connector faces the accessory pigtail on
the side of the unit
9. Connect the accessory pigtail to the
connector on the installed unit
Note: Be sure that the connector is inserted
straight and firmly into the connector cavity.
Pull out on the connector to ensure that it is
firmly seated and not locked only on one side.
(A cocked connector will cause intermittent
10. Reinstall the MCS chassis cover with the four
previously removed T10 Torx screws.
Note: Exercise extreme care when installing
the cover. Excessive force is not required.
Need for excessive force is an indicator that
the cover is improperly positioned