How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marty Your Own Question
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Category: Mercedes
Satisfied Customers: 53904
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
Type Your Mercedes Question Here...
Marty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a ML320, 1999 with an oil leak. Just below the filter

Resolved Question:

I have a ML320, 1999 with an oil leak. Just below the filter there is a rectangular cap that is held on with 2 bolts, one on to and the second on bottom. In the middle of this cap a hole that an allen wrench fits. Oil seems to be coming from this at almost a steam when the engine is running. What is this and can I remove it and replace the casket?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 8 years ago.

Hi kstelly, that is called an expansion cap. Yes you can remove the plate and replace the gasket. I've attached a diagram for you. The part # XXXXX need is 112 184 02 80 for the gasket and 007603-012110 for the sealing washer. Let me know if you have any questions.





Marty and other Mercedes Specialists are ready to help you