Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I just bought a 1999 E320 station wagon. Everything is

Customer Question
I just bought a 1999...
I just bought a 1999 E320 station wagon.   Everything is pretty great except once the electronic latch opens on the rear station wagon hatch door, the door hangs up.   If I pull back, it just doesn't clear the latch.   If I pull up a bit on the handle it bumps over the latch and opens.   One non mercedes mechanic thought there was no adjustment.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/14/2009
Mercedes Mechanic: MB Paul, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician

the rear tailgate is adjustable see attached document:

adjusting rear door

It is probably just the striker plate in the rear frame that needs looking at - I have known the rear bolts to work loose & the plate move - check, adjust & tighten the bolts.

the rear lock can also stick - try lubricating with some spray lube & ensure it operates freely & releases fully.

I hope this is of assistance.

Best regards, Paul

MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician