MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

The van was damaged at the front end..bonnet..electrics

I was resently in an accident in a vito van. The van was damaged at the front end. new bonnet wings and front panle etc. the boby work has been repaired and since a problem has arisen with electrics on the van. The dash lights flash on and off and the van looses power. I have had the van back to th e dealer and he is saying that the van now needs a new dash board. Because there is a computor board moulded into the dash and the only way to repair this is to put a new dash in to the van. Is this truly what would be required.

hi,

If the dash has failed then Mercedes can only supply as a complete instrument cluster.

however I know of a company that I have used many times that can repair in many cases. I have never had to send them a Vito cluster so cannot say for sure but if you contact this company they are very helpful:

http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/index.aspx

If they can repair it will be considerably cheaper than a new cluster!

I hope this is of assistance.

Best regards, Paul

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi MB Paul.

When you say a cluster what do you mean. Do you have any idea were this cluster is. Do i have to sebt them the whole dash board.

Customer/p>

HiCustomer

the instrument cluster is the display with the speedo, gauges, ignition lights etc - I take it this is what you are reffering to?

regards, Paul

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

MB Paul.

Many thanks paul for your help.

I have gotten to the bottom of the problem. I have contacted the company you recommened and they may be able to sort this problem out.

Regards

Customer/p>

hi,

excellent news!

please press accept & leave feedback if I have been of assistance.

Best regards, Paul