Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Mercedes: the visit workshop light comes..somewhere..Mercedes benz

Customer Question
the visit workshop light comes...
the visit workshop light comes on in my e320 Mercedes and the lights go on and off sometimes but the car cranks up just fine. Can I get a battery from somewhere other than Mercedes benz and is it the battery?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
12/30/2008
Mercedes Mechanic: Rob, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Rob
Rob, Mercedes Technician
Good morning,

You can get a battery anywhere you please. Just as long as it is the proper one for the car it does not matter where it is bought from.

The check engine light can come on for many reasons. You would have to have to diagnostic codes read out with a reader. Most auto parts stores offer the service for free.

I don't know why they would just throw something like that out there not knowing what the code is.

The check engine light, for example, will go on and off if the gas cap is loose. Even a misfire detected by the engine and not you might make it go on and off. But with out knowing what the codes are in the computer anything is possible.

You don't have to go to the dealer but you do need the have it checked out first.

If you like you can search for a service center in your area by using the following link.
http://www.boschservice.com/ServiceLocations/Automotive/

I would not go blindly replacing parts. Guessing at a problem can get expensive.

Get the codes and then let me know what they are and then we can go from there.
Happy Holidays,
Rob
Rob
Rob
Rob, Mercedes Technician