Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Tech ASE certified technician
10437779

2005 Mercedes E320 4Matic: I reset the service C

How do I reset the service "C" in 2005 Mercedes E320 4Matic after I performed the service myself?

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Here is the procedure to reset the service message. When doing this make sure that al the doors are closed.

AP00.20-P-0042TA: Reset service indicator

MODEL 211 as of 1.9.03

graphic

A1p13 Multifunction display
A1s3 Trip odometer reset button
S110s1 Scroll forward/back button
S110s3 System selection button
S111s1 Buttons + and - for setting specific functions and volume control
1 Turn key in ignition switch to position "1"
2 Press system selection button (S110s3) repeatedly until the basic display (kilometer reading or temperature display) or speed display is shown in the multifunction display (A1p13)
3 Briefly press the trip odometer reset button (A1s3) 3 times
¤An acoustic signal is heard and the voltage is shown in the multifunction display (A1p13).
4 Press lower scroll forward/back button (S110s1)
¤The "Service Menu" appears in the multifunction display (A1p13).
5 Press buttons + and -, setting of specific functions and volume control (S111s1) repeatedly and select "Confirmation" menu item
6 Press lower system selection button (S110s3) to confirm
¤"Confirmation" appears in the multifunction display (A1p13) and the menu item "Complete service" is highlighted.
7 Press lower system selection button (S110s3) to confirm
¤"Service confirmed" appears in the multifunction display (A1p13).
8 Press the top system selection button (S110s3) repeatedly until the "Service menu" is shown in the multifunction display (A1p13).
9 Using the + and - buttons, setting of specific functions and volume control (S111s1) select the menu item "Special work"
10 Press lower system selection button (S110s3) to confirm
11 Using the + and - buttons, setting of specific functions and volume control (S111s1) select the menu item "Service 13"
12 Press lower system selection button (S110s3) to confirm.
13 Select the engine oil grade used by pressing the + and - buttons, setting of specific functions and volume control (S111s1).
¤The number of selection options may vary depending on the engine.
14 Press lower system selection button (S110s3) to confirm.
¤The message "Position confirmed" appears in the multifunction display (A1p13).
15 Press system selection button (S110s3) repeatedly until the basic display (kilometer reading or temperature display) or speed display is shown in the multifunction display (A1p13)
16 Turn key in ignition switch to position "0"

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hello again? I have other lights that asking me questions wether the Emissions tests and general inpection were performed and I don't know how to reset that? Can you assist? Thank you

They should be reset within that same menu. Those are the service items that needed to be performed as per the service indicator.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have tried to reset them but no luck. I have cahnged the oxygen sensors when I bought the car sis months ago so every inpection has been done. The car runs fine. If you can provide me step by step to reset these pop ups, let me know.
Is the check engine light on or a message like visit workshop?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No engine light, what happens is.....when I turn the car on every time, the dashboard reads and beeps letting me know if the Emission inspection and general inpections were done?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will go to the car now and give you exactly what it says on the dashboard. Give me 5minutes.
no problem. I have to step away for a few minutes myself but I will be back shortly.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

On the dashboard it now reads "Emissions inpect performed on time?" and also "Main inspect performed on time?" I need to reset this. How? Thanks for your help.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
All my life I have worked on Fiat, Lancia and Alfa Romeo ...restoring them buying and selling including BMW but I notice Mercedes are different to say the least. When you get a chance...let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I am waiting for an answer for this question. Can someone help? Thank you