Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

1990 190e 2.6: I had to replace the fuel pressure regulator

Customer Question
Hi! I have a 1990 190e...
Hi!
I have a 1990 190e 2.6 and I had to replace the fuel pressure regulator. Where does the vacuum line get pluged-in?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Mercedes
8/1/2008
Mercedes Mechanic: ase_master327, Shop owner replied 9 years ago
ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop owner

The vacuum hose (if it has one) hooks straight into an intake manifold vacuum port below the throttle.

Maybe you have the wrong part? The part number for the regulator is(NNN) NNN-NNNN and it cost $460.00, through Mercedes

Here are the instructions from Mercedes on how to change it. Notice they say nothing about vacuum. There is not anything in the vacuum diagrams about it, either:

graphic

• Remove the air cleaner assembly.
  • Disconnect the NEG. battery terminal and insulate.
  • Disconnect the fuel inlet and outlet at the fuel pressure regulator. Catch escaping fuel with a cloth.
  • Remove the mounting screws for the fuel pressure regulator and lift out the fuel pressure regulator.
  • Install in reverse manner.
  • Run the engine and check for fuel leaks.
  • ase_master327
    ase_master327, Shop owner
    ase_master327
    ase_master327
    ase_master327, Shop owner