KJ
KJ, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  OWN MY SHOP , HAVE BEEN TRAINED IN EUROPE AND BY FACTORY SEVERAL TIMES PER YEAR
10295395

how to pair an i-phone with bluetooth in a 2007 Mercedes CL550

the phone sends message, "ready to be discovered" but the car cannot find i-phone. Already went to car system, authorize external phone and the i-phone is seen in system. Phone appears off
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  KJ replied 9 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JA,

Go to this website from MB USA www.wireless4mb.com and every question you have they have the answer. My thing is do you have that blue tooth adapter put in your phone cradle ? Because I think you don't have that part otherwise it would pick it up in the phone system of the car. No worries it took my 3 days before I had my wife's I phone to work in a 2001 S500 but it works but it did cost me 400 USd. In your case I think only about 200 USd.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to KJ's Post: The car came with the factory installed cradle under the armrest for Motorola razr phones. Can it be replaced with the MHI Bluetooth Interface Module? If so, probably has to be done at the dealer?
Thanks

Maria C Leiva
Expert:  KJ replied 9 years ago.

Hi Maria,

What you need to buy is that MHI Blue tooth Interface , place it in the Motorola cradle ( It will click in it ) and then pair your phone like you did earlier. You don't have to go to see a dealer you can do it easy yourself. Good luck