Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have extreme anxiety issues sometimes when I’m driving I…

Customer Question
I have extreme anxiety...

I have extreme anxiety issues sometimes when I’m driving I have to pull over and take deep breath‘s I don’t know where it comes from a lot of times nothing brings it on it just comes out of nowhere. I live in area where I can’t have access to a doctor and less I go to emergency I’ve been on the waiting list now for three years for a doctor emergency doesn’t deal with this kind of issue I don’t know what to do I was looking to purchase anything to anxiety med somehow As I can no longer live this way it’s driving me crazy

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I’ve been dealing with this for years I was in the military I seen some things and done some things that really put some bad stuff in my head nothing triggers it exactly it just comes on

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

I don’t have any other medical issues I’m allergic to codeine and I am deaf in my right ear other than that I don’t believe there’s anything else

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mental Health
5/27/2018
Mental Health Professional: Rafael-E-Therapist, Psychotherapist replied 2 months ago
Rafael-E-Therapist
Rafael-E-Therapist, Psychotherapist

Hello, I'm Rafael. I'm very sorry to know you have been suffering from such overwhelming anxiety.I am rereading your message for me not to miss any detail. Please be patient. I will continue to reply.

It seems that the traumatic events you underwent in the military may have caused PTSD and anxiety symptoms. What you describe as sudden extreme episodes of anxiety coming from no where seem to be panic like symptoms, which could be experienced without any identifiable trigger...

It's very sad and frustrating to know there are no adequate professional mental health services at your location. Did you receive any form of psychotherapeutic treatment for the challenges and problems associated to the time in the military?

I was Diagnosed with PTSD but this was years ago and I do not have the Proper forms or information to take to the emergency room to prove it this is my main problem.

Psychiatric medication could numb some symptoms but it could not rehabilitate you from PTSD or any anxiety disorder. The best option for the long run would be to have you assessed by a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist for PTSD and Anxiety/Panic disorder, to get psychological treatment and medication as needed and convenient. ..

I don’t have the 71$ at this time but perhaps on payday. Will this help me? Are you able to provide Prescriptions? And Referrals?

I am sorry I do not understand what you mean by that, I assuem it is the system that is offering extra services for you to consider...

Unhappily this website does not allow any prescriptions of medications at all nor direct referrals. But here thre is the option for additional services like vias Skype or phone for more in depth support.

Panic symtoms develop when anxiety becomes overwhelming, and you have a history of possible OPTSD and anxiety for several years, apparently untreated...

...what makes the severity of these conditions even deeper, and this is why you need to be clear about the need for psychotherapeutic support/work in order for you to rehabilitate from these conditions, since the more you delay necessary treatment, the harder they would get...

One essential thing you need to remember is that panic symptoms, even when feeling overwhelming, could not harm you, and while it is very tricky, the more you confronted them with reminders that they are anxiety that will go away the same way they appeared, the faster and less difficult it would be for you to reduce their intensity and normalize your mood and mind...

There are online counseling services available specifically designed for people with problems finding the necessary expertise locally or for other reasons. this seems to be a good option for you until you get your scheduled appointment for evaluation and treatment.