Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I am a 66 year old man who has been diagnosed with and

Customer Question
I am a 66...

I am a 66 year old man who has been diagnosed with and dealing with bipolar depression. My youngest daughter hasn't talked to me for at leasr 15-20 years. When she was a child, a family cousin took advantage of her sexually. At the time, I was having many problems with my clinical depression. As a result, I didn't show my daughter the needed support with her abuse. I repeatedly chastise myself for the mistakes that I made when she was a child. I have written letters to her pouring out my heart to her telling her that I am so sorry about how I reacted at the time of her abuse. She has told me that I have been "falling on my sword

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

My wife left me approximately 8 or 9 years ago,due to my depressive tendencies, and I so wish that somehow My relationship with my family could be mended. This has not only deeply hurt my daughter, but I can't seem to allow these feelings of negetselfworth to dissipate. She won't even allow herself to return my letter or at least acknowledge that I am trying to say that I was wrong and that I am so, so sorry.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

Please respond. I am at my wits end. I so need her in my life.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Mental Health
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
My daughter is 38 years old. I love her dearly!
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have nothing furthur to say
3/31/2018
Mental Health Professional: Patience, Therapist replied 23 days ago
Patience
Patience, Therapist

Hello- I am sorry to hear that you are having such turmoil! Please let me know when you are online, so we can begin our discussion of the issues involved.

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist