Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I am a 66 year old man who has been diagnosed with and

Customer Question
I am a 66...

I am a 66 year old man who has been diagnosed with and dealing with bipolar depression. My youngest daughter hasn't talked to me for at leasr 15-20 years. When she was a child, a family cousin took advantage of her sexually. At the time, I was having many problems with my clinical depression. As a result, I didn't show my daughter the needed support with her abuse. I repeatedly chastise myself for the mistakes that I made when she was a child. I have written letters to her pouring out my heart to her telling her that I am so sorry about how I reacted at the time of her abuse. She has told me that I have been "falling on my sword

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

My wife left me approximately 8 or 9 years ago,due to my depressive tendencies, and I so wish that somehow My relationship with my family could be mended. This has not only deeply hurt my daughter, but I can't seem to allow these feelings of negetselfworth to dissipate. She won't even allow herself to return my letter or at least acknowledge that I am trying to say that I was wrong and that I am so, so sorry.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

Please respond. I am at my wits end. I so need her in my life.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mental Health
My daughter is 38 years old. I love her dearly!
I have nothing furthur to say
3/31/2018
Mental Health Professional: Patience, Therapist replied 3 months ago
Patience
Patience, Therapist

Hello- I am sorry to hear that you are having such turmoil! Please let me know when you are online, so we can begin our discussion of the issues involved.