Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I've been going through a hard time for a while now. My

Customer Question
Hello. i've been going...

Hello. i've been going through a hard time for a while now. My mother passed away 4 years ago. We worked together for the family business and she helped me with raising my kids. I have a wonderful husband who is supportive and also works with me in the family business. However, since the tragedy happened in losing my mom it has been very overwhelming. Now I feel like I have not enough time during the day to run the business in the office take care of my 2 kids (whom are very involved in travel sports) and take care of not only my household but i also help my dad with his house, bills, care, etcc. I was talking to my sister last night and she suggested i talk to someone because she's noticed that i can't seem to finish things because i'm always bouncing from one task to the other. For example, i will be working in the office on contracts, then think of the rest of things i need to do that same day and then go get my kids hockey stuff together and ready for when i pick up from school then the phone rings and i'll go back in the office and start another task (i.e. invoice or paying invoices) then get the outgoing mail together and leave to get my kid from school. then on the way to practice forgot his hockey stuff i put together and never grabbed the mail that i had to drop off at the post office. I'm scattered i feel. Its really bothering me that i feel like i can't get anything done. then my dad will call me and ask for a favor and bc i feel bad i say ok i'll get it done. In the meantime nothing i was suppose to get accomplished in the office for work was done. I don't understand why it is so hard for me to do just one thing at a time. My sister says i have to much on my plate but i know i'm not the only one in the world who has alot of things to do. I just feel like i' can't get things done. What should i do?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No i haven't seen a doctor about this i don't know who i should go to and am currently not taking anything except multi vitamin and probiotic.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Well my mom passed away from cancer and i took care of her saw everything she went through. I went to dr. appointments was with her during surgeries treatments etc... it was very hard.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Mental Health Professional: Patience, Therapist replied 3 months ago
Patience
Patience, Therapist

Hello and wow; you certainly are a busy lady. Please let me know when you are online, so that we can discuss your situation. In the meantime, why not take a few slow deep breaths to help you with de-stressing.

Thank you for responding. I do the deep
Breaths all time. I write down all this things I need to do but don’t finish maybe I’ just procrastinate im not sure.

Please let me know when you're available today 3/31, and I will try to be online.