Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I need a vignette answered

Customer Question
I need a vignette answered
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mental Health
3/30/2018
Mental Health Professional: Patience, Therapist replied 3 months ago
Patience
Patience, Therapist

Could you please explain more about what you need and then we could see what could be done? Thanks.

The vignette is below and the question is in the last paragraph, it includes scores from 3 psychological test , i would need to have the question answered by to night
Vignette: Kelly Cabelli is a 34-year-old single, half Puerto Rican/ half African American transgendered patient currently housed on the Special Needs Yard at CIM. She is currently serving a 12 year sentence for arson, which involved setting her apartment on fire to get guests to leave a party. She was referred for psychological assessment by her primary clinician in order to assist in diagnostic clarification and in transgender transition treatment. She was raised as the third child of four in an intact family in the Florida area before moving to Los Angeles to attend college at the age of 18. She reports that she was diagnosed with gender identity disorder at the age of 9 and has been on hormone treatments since adolescence. She reports that her family has been very mixed in response to her transgender status, with support from a sister and her father but conflicts with her other 2 siblings and her mother. This came to a head when she attended her father's funeral in feminine dress, hair and makeup and her mother ragefully attacked her. She admits to a series of problematic interpersonal relationships as well as problems caused by the use of methamphetamines prior to her incarceration. She denies any educational problems growing up and earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of California. Her work history is primarily in the area of retail fashion, and she currently works as a porter on her living unit. When asked which personal questions she would like answered through the assessment process, she stated, “Why has it been so difficult for me to connect with my mother?” And “Why do I just lose it sometimes emotionally when I feel like I can't achieve something?”
Assessment Protocol:give a brief integrated summary in layman's terms the client could understand about her cognitive strengths and weaknesses, coping resources, psychological stability/vulnerability, risk factors, and/or suggestions for treatment.WAIS-IV
FSIQ : 88
VCI : 95
PRI : 89
WMI : 82
PSI : 89
Similarities
11
Block Design
7
Vocabulary
12
Matrix Reasoning
10
Information
6
Visual Puzzles
9
Digit Span
6
Symbol Search
8
Arithmetic
7
Coding
8Personality Assessment Inventory
INF : 52
ICN : 48
NIM : 82
PIM : 30
SOM : 56
ANX : 69
ARD-T : 77
DEP : 84
MAN : 54
PAR : 64
SCZ : 69
BOR : 82
ANT : 72
ALC : 64
DRG : 74
AGG : 73
SUI : 78RORSCHACH – R-PAS – STANDARD SCORES (Pg. 1)R : 105
Complexity : 115
Simplicity : 65
MC : 110
MC-PPD : 63
M/MC : 91
YTVC’ : 138
EII-3 : 143
TP Comp : 142
FQ- : 143
P : 65
CF+C/SUMC : 128
ODL : 74
MOR : 127
SC-Comp : 132RORSCHACH –EXNER CSR : 25
L : 0.14
EB : 3:6.5
EA : 9.5
D : -1
FC:CF+C : 0:6
Afr : .31
X+% : 32%
X-% : 36%
WSum6 : 84
3r+(2)/R : .32
AG : 2

This is a pretty involved Analysis what with so many tests. How long do you think the response has to be?

it should be very short it just wants a brief integrated summary in layman's terms that the client could understand about her cognitive strengths and weaknesses, coping resources, psychological stability/vulnerability, risk factors, and/or suggestions for treatment.

Please give me a few minutes to see if I can pull my resources together for this. I will let you know within the next 15 minutes whether I can be of help.

Ok no problem

Sorry. This is just too much for what I have available on so short a notice.

Do you have A backup plan?

I'll manage thanks for trying though

If you want to ask questions about what you are writing, I will leave this chat window open and check back. No charge. I feel for you, because I was faced with Psych grad school once myself. Good luck. Also, check in a little earlier with your work now that you have my name. Maybe we can work on future assignments.

I just found aWAIS report. Do you have any other online things I could access to see the scoring rubrics? If you did, I think I could actually help you on th9is one.