Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have generalized anxiety, but am also trying to get

Customer Question
through some very specific challenging...
I have generalized anxiety, but am also trying to get through some very specific challenging situations now, so need help dealing with anxiety
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Mental Health
3/30/2018
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 26 days ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and I believe that I can help you with your query.
What have you tried so far any medications or therapy for your Anxiety ?
Since when you have been struggling with anxiety ?
Do you have a trigger agent for anxiety ?
Regards
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have been in therapy before, and it has helped. I am trying to get back into therapy now, but I don't have a great insurance plan a the moment, so still looking for someone right now. I was hoping to talk to you until I can find someone. I don't really need too much medication under normal circumstances. Pressure and stress are my triggers. When that starts to happen, I just take Hydroxyzine and that does help me. My life circumstances are just really stressful right now.
Well,if your anxiety is not severe then you may just ask your physician to prescribe you on propranolol at dose of 10-20 mg to be taken on prn basis that is only at times of feeling anxious or extremely worried. This is a fairly good drug for keeping mild to moderate anxiety at bay and to curtail stress.
In addition to this you may add a natural supplement such as L-methylfolate in your diet which happens to work naturally against anxiety and stress. A dose of 7.5 - 15 mg is recommended in one of two divided doses.
Other than this regular exercise and proper diet and sleep shall help you to unburden the pressure that you have been feeling.
With these interventions you may not feel the need to use hydroxyzine in the first place when feeling anxious.I hope this helpsMy goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. Please note that rating me now does not close your question. We can continue until you are satisfied. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know of it.
Regards
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am trying to receive therapy, not medication. That is why I selected Mental Health and NOT Psychiatry. Can you help me from a therapy standpoint?
Mental Health Professional: Patience, Therapist replied 26 days ago
Patience
Patience, Therapist

Hello- I would like to discuss your situation with you. Please let me know in the chat window when you are available online.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Where is the chat window? And where would I talk to you online?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It might be easier if you tell me when you are available and I will make myself available. I should be available most times.

Let's try for tomorrow after 10am PDT.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Are you online?
Mental Health Professional: Patience, Therapist replied 25 days ago

I am online now. I had other appointments to attend to earlier, but I will be online for awhilre. Just let me know when you are here again, and I will get back to you. I appreciate your patience, because sometimes the website does not notify me of a customer waiting.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I am here now...I just don't know where I am supposed to go to chat with you
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Do we just keep talking back and forth as we are now, or is there some other screen we have to go to?

We can talk here now. If it works better for you to talk by phone, please let me know and I will arrange that. In the meantime, could you please let me know what you would like to start working on for this session. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I have suffered with anxiety for a long time, had to take care of my disabled mom for years, from grade school. I kind of grew out of it, but then started getting bronchospasms which brought anxiety back into my life. After moving my mom into a house of her own, I recently moved in with someone and I think that there might be too many allergy triggers there, so I am now in a hotel as we speak. My chest xray came back ok, but I still have symptoms possibly from long term exposure in the house. I am in the hotel for a few days to see if it makes any difference. And because I don't feel good, I can't get to my mom who lives a distance away now. So, the stress of the situation is causing off the charts anxiety...combined with possible allergies is triggering feeling of bronchospasms again. I feel if I can reduce my anxiety, it might help me to get through this situation until I figure out where to move, live, etc... I have taken hydroxyzine on and off for many years, but I don't want to rely on that completely. I need some ways to deal with the anxiety that do not involve medication. I am an accountant and need to be able to focus and concentrate.

see. It sounds as though you have a lot going on in your life right now. I appreciate it, though that you are trying to steer clear of over-medicating. What have you done in the past or are currently doing to ease your symptoms without medication?

By the way, Have you been diagnosed with particular household allergies?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I have not been diagnosed with the specific allergies yet. I am not sure what to do to ease the symptoms without medication, and so that is why I am here writing to you.

Things tend to take a little longer when we work via online chat. just keep that in mind. I am here for you right now, so continue to check back in. I am going to come up with a little activity list for you, which might help. Then we can have more of a discussion. In the meantime, I am thinking that it might help for you to see a holistic/alternative medicine practitioner. Have you tried that? What do you think?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I think I just wasted $42

I am sorry if there has been a misunderstanding. What makes you think your money has been wasted? I have had to ask questions to get a sense of your particular issues. I have gathered a list of various things you can do, so you can choose the ones that are best suited to you. Now, we can discuss those, if you'd like. I do understand that you do not want to be over-medicated and I applaud you for that.

You certainly are not under any obligation to take me on as a counselor/coach if my approach does not work for you. Your money will be refunded if you do not find what you want on JA. Otherwise, have patience, hang in here, and let's get to the meat of your problem....

No worries. I will just opt out so that you can find someone better suited to your needs.

Patience
Patience
Patience, Therapist