Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Oh i was just looking around my job wanted me to see if i…

Oh i was just...

Oh i was just looking around my job wanted me to see if i can get some help or to get looked at to be exact

Doctor's Assistant: Have you spoken to a mental health professional about this?

No i haven’t

Doctor's Assistant: How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?

Yes I’ve been sleeping fine it’s more work performance and not being able to engage in things

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

No not that i can think of right now

My mind just wonders and wonders. I get distracted really easy.
It’s been like this for a long time, especially when i was in school it was pretty bad as well.
3/26/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Honestly, it sounds like ADHD. You just need to bring it up with your PCP. He/she might treat it. That, or give you a referral to a psychiatrist. I have struggle with this all my life and I am 54 years of age. I have actually completed graduate school and so pretty good. Hang in there!
Yeah my work performance has diminished over the last few months I’m just not sure what i should do. Bringing up new things is always scary you know.
Yeah, I understand. Look at it this way. If you were not performing well due to the flu or a virus of some kind, you would not hesitate going to the doctor. Should this be treated different?
I hope I have been of help to you. If I have, please rate me accordingly so I can be paid.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)