Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Im really overwhelmed by my job right now. I’m also somewhat…

Im really overwhelmed by my...
Im really overwhelmed by my job right now. I’m also somewhat depressed. I was in a deep depression at Christmas and it seems to be lifting slowly. I used to take only Wellbutrin, I have added Prozac as a support and it helped. Are there more current drug combinations that
Might work for me? I had a hard time with many drugs I tried viibryd didn’t work, cymbalta didn’t work, many drugs just don’t work for me for different reasons. Any other ideas for meds I can discuss with my psychiatrist?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/21/2018
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and I believe that I can help you with your query.
Please mention the doses of wellbutrin and prozac ?
I will get back to you once you reply to my queries.
Regards
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. 300 Wellbutrin xlr. Prozac 20 mg per day.
Thanks for the valuable inputs.
Well I would suggest you to add a mood stabilizer drug such as Lamictal ( lamotrigine ) at dose of 25 mg per day to begin with, which later can be gradually raised to 100 mg per day in two divided doses. This drug has been a very effective augmenting agent in treating those patients who have severe drug resistant Depression.
You may also add to this one cup of chamomile tea in the evening which will provide you a good and refreshing sleep at night which is essential to keep a tranquil mind throughout the day time.
Try to incorporate at least 30 minutes of physical activity since this much time if given can lead to release of endorphins within the body which is a feel good natural chemical.
I hope this provides you enough options which in combination with your present drug regime will ensure best possible results.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. This was helpful.
Take care.
Regards
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist