Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I believe I’m suffering from adult Attention deficiency. I’m…

Customer Question
.I believe I’m suffering...

.I believe I’m suffering from adult Attention deficiency. I’m always lacking behind at work, and no matter how much I study I always score low grades. I’m getting frustrated. Please help me out.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you spoken to a mental health professional about this?

I have not spoken because I feel embarrassed to discuss this with anyone personally.

Doctor's Assistant: How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?

Yes I have issues, but I try my best workout as much as I can. And try to fall asleep. Sometimes, it works out.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

Can you please be precise?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hey was it a scam? Can you please help me
Answered in 2 days by:
3/20/2018
Mental Health Professional: ASacks, Psychologist replied 3 months ago
ASacks
ASacks, Psychologist

Welcome to JustAnswer. I am an experienced Psychologist and I work with families and people of all ages. I am reviewing your question now and will be right back with a response for you.

I am sorry for the delay. It sounds like you are dealing with a difficult situation and I am sure this has given rise to many confusing emotions. I am here to help you through this...

I was looking for a solution not sympathy. I paid 40$ not to have your sympathy. If this is a scam, please let me know. I won’t waste my time, and you can do whatever you want.

It was not intended as sympathy but rather as empathy- an acknowledgment of your feelings and that this must be difficult. I work with many children and adults who have ADD and ADHD. They learn to manage their symptoms and develop coping mechanisms. You ask for a solution to your problem, but it will require some adapting and work. Many people find that medication is necessary to manage the symptoms of this disorder- have you tried any medication to help with your focus levels e.g concerta, ritalin, adderall? this generally helps with the work and grades perspective. you can also pair these with some form of melatonin to assist with the sleep difficulties.

Having ADD doesn't always have to be defined as a bad thing. There are many people that lead happy and successful lives who have ADD- they find that it makes them a creative, unique and "outside the box" thinker. It means that your brain works in a different way to others and picks up more information than necessary from the world around you.

I would like to offer help in a way that works for you, so maybe you can define what kind of information you are looking for?

I have not tried any medication, I was wondering if I could get a prescription. I need to perform and get better grades. Please, help me out.

I am sorry I am unable to help you with a script. I will opt out and hopefully, a psychiatrist will be able to assist you.

How do I contact a psychiatrist? Would you recommend someone?