Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Is online psychiatry an option? I have not seen a

Customer Question
Is online psychiatry an...

Is online psychiatry an option?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have not seen a psychiatrist and am not on meds for it, however I am on atorvastatin for cholestrol an linostril(I believe) for hi blood.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Physically ok, some numbness to right arm mostly and a little on left arm, constant headaches, bad dreams, voices in my head, that kinda stuff. Hard time focusing on work, not looking forward to life on a daily basis.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

I forget everything if I don't write it down. My mother has alzeimers and dementia, she's in a nursing facility.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 day by:
3/19/2018
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 4 months ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and I believe that I can help you to find out if there is anything wrong going on with you psychologically and what possibly it can be .
Please kindly answer a few queries.
1) what sort of noises are you hearing ? Do you hear people talking to you ?
2) Do you think you are Depressed ?
3) Have you become suspicious of people around you and have started to believe that someone is going to harm you or is following you ?
I will get back to you once you reply to my queries.
Regards
I hear people talk to me daily in my head, different people. Mostly telling me to harm myself or others, makes it very hard to concentrate on work/tasks.
I believe I am depressed, I don't look forward to much of anything.
I am very suspicious of nearly everyone around me, I even have nightmares of people I know trying to harm me and I think someone is always watching/following me.
Thanks for the inputs.
Well, you see the hearing of voices which tell you to harm self or others are called as Auditory hallucinations and the belief of being watched or being followed is a called as Delusional thinking and the suspiciousness is described as Paranoia. So you have been harboring all these symptoms other than depressive symptoms do your diagnosis is not just Depression as it seems and is more on the lines of psychotic disorder or psychotic depression.
You need thorough evaluation by a Psychiatrist in person and thereafter you need to be started on an anti psychotic drug , mood stabilizer drug and an anti depressant drug as per the judgment of the doctor.
So it is my humble request to you that do not take these symptoms casually but proceed for proper management from a Psychiatrist since this disorder is much more severe than a unipolar Depression.
There are specific drugs available which can help you to overcome this condition.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards