Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I'm more and more deer-in-the headlights and high-sided as…

I'm more and more deer-in-the...
I'm more and more deer-in-the headlights and high-sided as life is impacting most of my past present and future beliefs assumptions and expectations about so many aspects of life. I don't know what kind of help to even look for, or what is here.
3/13/2018
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Hi, thank you for writing. My name is***** sounds like you have a lot going on in your life that is causing you to be quite thoughtful. Contemplative and open times like this can be very very productive when explored in therapy. Revelations about yourself that incorporate past present and future will be helpful so you can learn more about yourself and your values. And assessing all of these things combined can help you learn to distance yourself from negative thinking and challenge the way you see the world so you can be more objective. This is a great example of work that could be done with a mental health therapist. I encourage you to start talking to someone to see where the conversation will lead you.
Therapists.psychologytoday.com is a great place to seek out soneone to talk to. The type of therapy you are looking for is called cognitive behavioral therapy although other things like mindfulness and acceptance and commitment therapy could also be helpful. Really, the goal of finding great therapy is to focus on finding a great therapist who you generally click with. The rest will fall into place from there.
I am here to chat more if you'd like!
Leah
I apologize. I'm smack dab in the middle of my kids bedtime and can't spare time tonight for a call. Would you like to talk to me tomorrow or would you like to wait to see if another expert picks up this request? I'm not sure it's likely you'll get a phone call accept tonight but I'm not positive.
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Patience
Patience, Mental Health Therapist
Phone call session started