Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I dumped on friday after a 2 year relationship. i dont see…

Customer Question
Hi. so i dumped...

Hi. so i dumped on friday after a 2 year relationship. i dont see the point in going on without her. i dont want to be alone again. she wants to be friends but i dont think i can do that. i have horrible social anxiety and saying its hard to find oneone for me is a massive understatement. the only thing i think would help is Valium and i dont know how to get that. i just wish i could go to sleep and never wake up. any advice i guess would be good

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been taking Valium? Any recent changes in dosage?

I didnt say i am taking valium.

Doctor's Assistant: The reason for these questions is to help the doctor help you, but if you'd prefer to wait until getting connected, I understand. How severe has the anxiety been?

Quite severe. to the point ill vomit if i go out and socialise

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Sacks, Psychologist replied 1 month ago
Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks, Psychologist

Welcome to JustAnswers. My name is***** little bit about me… I am a psychologist and have been practicing for the last five years in private practice and in a community setting. I work with families and people of all ages. I am also a registered life coach and solution-focused therapist. I am passionate about helping people and finding solutions, not growing problems. I believe that the mind is a very powerful tool and can be used to achieve any outcome in life-positive thoughts lead to a positive life. I am here to help you with your question.

Relationships ending can be one of the toughest experiences we will have to endure. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time and this is leading to many negative feelings. I am sure it is not easy to have all of this going on within you. Your feelings are normal and valid- but they are not facts, they are guidance that is telling us something… are we on the path to what we want or not.

However, the fact that you have reached out for support and acknowledged your feelings in this way, also shows that you have the strength within you and the will to improve and seek out better for yourself.

I know this is not easy, but we cannot lead our lives relying on others to make us feel good, whole and supported. Because really others are caring for themselves (and this is ok, it is how it is meant to be and the only way it can be). So its time for you to start caring for you and putting yourself first. You will need to start being the person who is there for you.

You deserve to lead a happy, positive life and everything you have lived up until now has led you to this point where you can make a decision. A decision to allow what is rightfully yours to come to you… and that is a good life and happiness.

From the story you have told above this is going to take some work and shifting your focus, but it’s possible to feel better and to overcome every hardship. I am here to help and offer some tips and advice, or even just to hear you out. But the work will have to come from you… you can do this!

Let me know if you are ready to make some changes in your thinking and we can figure this all out together.

Just checking in, is there anything further I can assist you with?

Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks, Psychologist