Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I am really messed up right now. I feel like my life is a…

Customer Question
I am really messed...

I am really messed up right now

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

I feel like my life is a mistake and a waste

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

I have tourettes, anxiety and depression

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I feel like my antidepressants are causing my depression to be worse, and currently i am going through a lot of problems in my life

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mental Health
3/10/2018
Mental Health Professional: ASacks, Psychologist replied 5 months ago
ASacks
ASacks, Psychologist
Welcome to JustAnswers. I am Dr. Sacks and I am a psychologist. I would like to assist you with your question.
I really hate my life and im only a problem to others

Let's start here... I would like to commend you for taking the first step and seeking out support and advice. This is never an easy task and it shows me that you have courage and strength in you.

It sounds like you are contending with a lot of difficult life situations and many negative emotions. Your feelings are all normal and they are valid- but they are not facts. Feelings result from your thoughts and they offer you guidance (like your very own GPS system). If you are feeling bad you are focused on things that are negative and if you are feeling good you are focused on things that are positive and taking you closer towards what you want.

Sometimes life is tough and it throws many obstacles at us, this leads us to feel really bad and not knowing how to contend with everything. I know that this may seem overwhelming now, but hopefully, we can figure this out together and bring you to a more positive, productive thinking space.

I am here to tell you that you are a worthy, unique and clearly strong individual. Life is meant to be good for you and it can be... but you need to believe this for yourself and from there you can move forward.

I can be here as a sounding board or we can talk about some tips and tricks you can use to get into a more positive mind frame when you are ready.

Just checking in, is there anything further I can assist you with?