Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

This is a question about child psychology. In your

experience can children sense when...
This is a question about child psychology. In your experience can children sense when their parent is significantly bothered by something even if they're not entirely open about it? Do they have a so called "sixth sense" if you will? Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
3/9/2018
ASacks
ASacks, Psychologist

Welcome to JustAnswers. My name is***** little bit about me… I am a psychologist and have been practicing for the last five years in private practice and in a community setting. I work with families and people of all ages. I especially work with children. I am also a registered life coach and solution-focused therapist. I am passionate about helping people and finding solutions, not growing problems. I believe that the mind is a very powerful tool and can be used to achieve any outcome in life-positive thoughts lead to a positive life. I am here to help you with your question.

Thank you for your question. it seems like you have some concerns about your child and a situation you have going on. So in my experience children are very perceptive and they really take a lot of their cues from people's (especially their parents') behavior (not so much what they say). So they often notice when things are bothering you or on your mind. I believe that they watch very closely in order to make sense of the world (that sometimes doesn't make sense).

I hope this answers your question- but please let me know if you want to chat about the specifics a bit more and about helping your child through any difficulties.

Wishing you all the best!

ASacks
ASacks, Psychologist
That's what I thought too. Thank you.

Its a pleasure! thank you for your rating, it is truly appreciated!