Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Is "mental age" a strong indicator of whether or not an

Customer Question
Is "mental age" a strong...
Is "mental age" a strong indicator of whether or not an individual consent for sex?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mental Health
3/9/2018
Mental Health Professional: CriminalDefense,
 replied 1 month ago
CriminalDefense

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

replied 1 month ago

Good morning. Can you share with me a little more about the situation?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, it's actually a mental health question. I've already consulted with legal regarding this. My 19 year old nephew is sexually involved with an 18 year old classmate. I was told about having to get evaluations from doctors, or any other qualified professional in the mental health field.
A simple "mental age" revealed he has the mental age of 14. Does that make a difference?
 replied 1 month ago

Thank you. This was in the legal category, so allow me to just move it to another section, so a mental health expert can assist.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much. FYI, legal has been responding to my questions more quickly than other experts.
 replied 1 month ago

I put in the question to move this, so it may take some time but it was placed in the mental health section.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!
 replied 1 month ago

My pleasure.

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist