Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Thank you. Today is to be packing day to move back. I know…

Thank you Linda . Today...
Thank you Linda . Today is to be packing day to move back . I know this guy is crazy . I think what bothers me most is one why can’t I let it go two what is wrong with him . I do believe he loves me . I think he is mentally ill however he may have a unhealthy obsession with me ( or anyone he can get his hands on ) if I decide not to go back how can I 1. Get over the fear of delivering alone 2. Get over the loneliness. I don’t think I love him just the attention . I think maternity leave has isolated me from friends and made me just sit here. I mean I talk to him on the phone over 15 hours a day . How do I get my life on track again . No one wants to go back even me . I almost feel obligated at this point and feel bad for him . Like this morning he called me 50x before I woke up . Talked about how he is a true evil and how he wants to hurt something . I think he is nuts for real. I think about the happiness of having him when my baby is born but honestly that’s all I want him for . Sorry for being crazy but now that the day is here I just feel like ptsd. Thinking about his house and the routine and the miserableness of sitting there day after day . It gives me chills when I see his kitchen and all the work I have to put in to make him happy . I don’t know what this all means but it must be warning signs
3/9/2018
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC

Sarah, you have choices dear woman. You do not have to do anything that does not feel right to you. Your fears are not FACTS. You are a strong woman who already has accomplished so much on your own. You can get over your fears and you can put together a life that is full and loving and fulfilling. You can develop a relationship with a therapist like you are with me and work through your anxiety and fear about being alone. Your level of self awareness and insight would make you an excellent person to do good work in therapy. You can change your mind about moving in with him again, I think you know in your heart it isn't the right decision for you and your family.

I am headed out for the day but if you would like to talk on the phone tonight or tomorrow I would make myself available to you. I know this is a crucial time in your life for you. I am here for you. Linda

Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC