Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I am wondering if I need to see a therapist. The last year I…

Customer Question
Hello I am wondering...

Hello I am wondering if I need to see a therapist. The last year I have been very short tempered with my husband and it seems to be getting worse over small petty things like not cleaning up after himself or him driving to fast?

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

My sleep is a little funky I can't go to sleep without watching tv but overall it's pretty normal roughly 8 hours of sleep a night with minimal tossing and turning

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

I was molested by both my uncles when I was younger one of which I didn't come out in the open with till Jan last year

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Mental Health Professional: Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC replied 3 months ago
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer with your concerns about being short tempered. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Just like seeing a doctor for his/her opinion regarding an unexplainable physical symptom you may be having, it can also be really helpful to see a psychotherapist who will provide a safe, therapeutic space for you to explore why you may be underlying these feelings with your husband. Certainly being molested by your uncles had an impact on you and now may be the time to heal these wounds.