Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Is there any way to remember what happened during the time…

Customer Question
Is there any way to...
Is there any way to remember what happened during the time you disassociated?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mental Health
3/7/2018
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 4 months ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and I believe that I can help you with your query.
Well, you see characteristically the dissociative disorder is known as a condition where the person's thoughts , memory , awareness, perception are disintegrated or fragmented as a result of which the person for the period of dissociation neither had awareness or perception or memory of the entire event including whatever happened during this period.
So unless and until one seeks professional help through a psychologist and get started on CBT and Dielectical behavioral therapy which are the two most effective psychotherapies for management of this condition then it is highly impossible to achieve that memory and recall of the dissociated time period.
Also hynosis can be significant help for knowing one's memories and thoughts during that period of fragmentation of thought process.
So you you can try these therapies from a clinical psychologist and hypnotherapy specialist and this shall help you.
I hope helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards
I see a psychologist and it was a year last Thursday since the event that I missing 30 min of and I can't remember
Since so much time has elapsed ever since you had the event so it becomes extremely difficult to recall the dissociated memory of 30 minutes even with therapy.
In fact I suggest that stop taking stress about a 30 minute gap in memory because over indulgence and associated stress may precipitate another dissociative episode.in other words taking too much stress about not remembering what happened in 30 minute dissociative episode may prove to be dangerous as it may lead to another episode.
I hope this makes sense.
Wish you all the best.
Regards
Remembering means I know If I was penetrated or not
Mental Health Professional: ASacks, Psychologist replied 4 months ago
ASacks
ASacks, Psychologist

Welcome to JustAnswers. My name is***** little bit about me… I am a psychologist and have been practicing for the last five years in private practice and in a community setting. I work with families and people of all ages. I am also a registered life coach and solution-focused therapist. I am passionate about helping people and finding solutions, not growing problems. I believe that the mind is a very powerful tool and can be used to achieve any outcome in life-positive thoughts lead to a positive life. I am here to help you with your question

I agree with much of the advice the expert above offered, however, I would like to assist you further if possible. Let me know a little more about what kind of information you are looking for. It seems like you underwent a difficult situation and I am sure that has not been easy. gaps in our memory can be very scary to deal with especially if it has to do with an incident that is significant.