Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I am looking for a new psychiatrist and any programs for my…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for a new psychiatrist and any programs for my daughter. She is 23 and bipolar.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

She has a doctor now but she doesn't like him. She takes Adderall for ADHD, Effexor, Klonopin, and I think there is one other one. She took Latuda for a while but we had to stop it, she was having facial ticks from it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

I also have Depression, Anxiety, ADD, Aspergers, and PSTD. I am doing well. My daughter would not be mature or have the skills to be on her own right now. I think she has that failure to launch.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

She started out well in college and then kept getting worse until she wasn't able to go to school at all. That was about 2014. I have been to different places looking for help and have always been told she doesn't fit our program. She currently has a therapist.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 2 days by:
1/22/2018
Mental Health Professional: llw26, Mental Health Professional replied 7 months ago
llw26
llw26, Mental Health Professional

Hi my name is ***** ***** I hope I can help. To begin, where do you reside? This will help me find a possible new psychiatrist and/or treatment program for your daughter.

Also, her therapist hasn't been able to provide any people to assist?