Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have sever PTSD and panic attacks. As of late they have…

Customer Question
I have sever PTSD...

I have sever PTSD and panic attacks. As of late they have become debilitating. I’m having to skip work. Nightmares almost every night.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I’ve had panic attack’s for about 2 years. PTSD was recently diagnosed. However past 3 months it has been sever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

Tons. Teenage pregnancy, sexual abuse. The list goes on

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mental Health
1/18/2018
Mental Health Professional: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 5 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is John. I am so askers you are dealing with this. Give me a moment and I will try to help you figure something out.
It sounds like you have been through much in your life. I am so sorry for this. You need to work through your past trauma.First, you need to work on forgivrness. Make a list of people who have hurt you from least to worst. Forgive them one at a time. Don’t excuse their behavior. Just understand your anger hurts you a lot more than it does them. Let it go. If it is doable address them personally. More than not though, just journal it. They don’t even have to know about it necessarily.Next, work through the trauma. Journal the events. Talk to friends. Just let it go a bit at a time.Don’t fight the stress. Simply think on positive things. When you wake in the middle of ghetto night stressi g, just go to another room and go back to sleep. It sounds over-simplified but it works. Give it a try.I know this may sound a bit much ( or not enough), but I have seen it work. Give it a try.
I hope that was helpful. If it was, please let it be known with a five star rating so I receive credit for it.